Friday, September 30, 2011

Bowl full of Apples!

     For my project in Crafter's Digital Art Center's (CDAC) Progressive Challenge round 3, I used Glitterbabes's image "apple bowl." I colored the image digitally in PhotoShop Elements. I thought a friend of mine, who is a librarian, could use note cards with this image, for volunteers and teachers. I matted the image with peach and black Core'dinations cardstock. I didn't have a punch or Cricut cart with an apple border so I used the A Child's Year cart and took the apple icon and made it a border with my Gypsy by welding multiple apples, until I had enough to cover the 4 inches of my base. The note cards, BTW, are 4inches by 4 inches. I then highlighted the apples on the border with a white gel pen.


     On the inside, I used apple pattern paper, that I'd gotten at Hobby Lobby, but I'm afraid I forgot to write down whose it is, before  using it all >.< I then digitally made a place for her to write that is 3.5 inches by 3.5 inches. I used a free brush set called School Dayz Sketches Brushes by redheadstock which I found on devionArt Here.




     I still need to make envelopes and a box to hold them, but I needed to post this, because the project needed to be posted before the end of the month. Check out the other images and projects here and you can join us for the next round for only $1,which gets you the next set of images (they are free as long as you continue with the challenges.) You can find the info on how the Challenge works at the link above as well.

     Thanks for stopping by today. Please leave a comment or ask any questions you might have. The nice thing about coloring an image digitally is that you can easily make multiple copies quickly (and correct mistakes ;- ) Have a weekend filled with special moments.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

WOWZA! These are fabulous! LOVE that apple border ... perfect!

Thanks so much for joining our progressive challenge fun at CDAC. Round #4 coming tomorrow ... hope to see you there!

Darlene
CDAC Board

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Great cards! Thanks for stopping by to leave me such a nice comment on my Alice in wonderland folio. :)

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

These are wonderful...what do you mean "free brush set"? Guess we will ask each other questions...haha Yes, I used Photoshop for some of the coloring like the pattern shirt and pants. Some times when thing are tiny, it makes sense to use PS and yes, if you are doing multiples all you have to do is change a shirt or dress, but I mainly do it for patterns and tiny images.