Monday, September 12, 2011

My 2nd Progressive Challenge Entry... bookmark.

     If you follow my blog, you may remember that I'm participating in a progressive challenge over at Crafter's Digital Art Center (CDAC). "How does the CDAC Progressive Challenges work? The CDAC Progressive Challenge is a proactive freebie challenge. What that means is as long as you are proactive by making and submitting cards to this challenge you will continue to get freebies offered in a large variety of styles. These images are created by the artists that have groups here on CDAC and by those that participate in the CDAC drawing Challenges. This is a fun way to get and use fabulous images that will be offered during these challenges." You can join in the middle or if you miss a time by paying $1 for the images at that point. Find all of the info here. All of the images for this round were kind of back-to-school related. I really didn't have a card to make using those type of images and they weren't really what I needed for my college students, so I decided to make a bookmark for my neighbor. She is a big Elvis fan and, it's hard to see but the small book says, Gigi, which is what her Grandchildren call her. I colored the image and added the titles in PhotoShop Elements. I used Core'dinatons, with a white core for the main piece and embossed it with Sizzix Texturz Starter Kit's plate called Dashes, because they kind of looked like books. I used a sandpaper block to bring out the embossing. I matted the image with a green pattern paper from my scraps, that I'd gotten at Hobby Lobby and some reddish scrap cardstock. I used the Martha Stewart circle cutter to cut out the image.


Click on image to make it larger.

     Now I'd thought I'd get more done today, because, well, it's only a bookmark, but when putting the blade in the circle cutter, it popped out of it's blade protector and slashed my finger, Yowie! As  you can see, I got no blood on the image, he he, but bleed I did. So, a bandaged fingertip, makes for awkward, crafting, including this typing BTW ;- ) So, hopefully with a smaller bandage, it's back to creating tomorrow. You should come and join us at CDAC, we'd love to have you.Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment, so that I know you were here. I'm sooo happy to hear from you. Have a wonderfully creative week.

2 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I have a friend too who is nuts about Elvis...no lie...she even has a tattoo on her ankle. Oh my! So sorry about your finger. I'm sure it will get in the way some while doing more crafting. I dabble in stained glass and one day had a bad accident as I was wiping down the edge I thought I had grinded down. Thought I would have to go to ER.

Jen Leeflang said...

I do hope your finger's better now! However, bandaged finger and all, you managed to create a really lovely bookmark!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
Your cards are really beautiful!
Love
Jen
CDAC PC DT (TEAM B LEAD DESIGNER)