Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thinking cap time.

     Well, I went up to my craft room and put on that thinking cap. It's harder to make a special card for someone you don't know for something as momentous as a 100th birthday, then I thought. Plus, I don't know if your head changes shape as you get older and the cap doesn't connect right or if the cap just gets old and doesn't work as well. I thought about when she was born and about what styles might interest her. Her is a collection of some of the supplies I put together.


     The patterned paper is reflective in the centers of the flowers and the other darker green spots, but it doesn't show up here. Ignore the odd green color on the paper near the bottom. It was some green flocking I thought about trying on the leaves, but it is too blue. The paper reminded me of vintage cards, so I thought she might like it.



     Then I got out a Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page punch and tried that for the first time on scrap paper. It reminds me of an old-fashioned hankie. I would probably make it in a very light green. I found an image on the Cricut cart "A Child's Year" (my favorite), that was a silhouette of of similar roses that I could use on the inside of the card. Here is a photo of all the assembled supplies, except for the Cricut booklet.


     Now, I started to second guess myself. If she was born in 1911, she could love the Art Deco style and not that flowery style. Time to send photos to my friend Linda and ask for a consult, since the card is for her to give. Hope to get started on it tomorrow, but I do have errands to run too.
     We're expecting very cold weather here. At least it's just overnight and tomorrow. Should be better for the Bears's game, though I wouldn't want to be out in it. DH and I will be entertaining High School teens for the afternoon, in what we call Youth Lounge at Church, which will include the football game on TV for those interested.

1 comment:

Sharyn Sowell said...

Oh my goodness! I am so delighted that the Child's Year is your fave. I am pink with pleasure. You made my day! Nothing more fun than coming across a compliment like this. I had fun designing that cartridge and I'm so thrilled that you like it.