Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Valentine from the past

     Well, I worked on my friends card today, so I can't post that. It didn't go as easily as I thought, but what does. That's a story for when a post the card, after her birthday though.  I keep seeing all these postings of Valentines. People have been showing them for weeks now. I haven't had time to think about what I'm doing for Valentine's Day yet, because there is so much to do in-between now and then. Do some of you find that too? I'm happy to get my cards done just in time to mail them ;- ) I really don't do many Valentine's though, fortunately. My DH, DS and one friend who sends one to me. I will mail to the college students in Feb. but Valentine's don't really seem appropriate to friends of my son, so I'll just go with a winter theme. So I decided to show you the Valentine card, I made for my friend last year. 




     I used my favorite, A Child's Year. Looks like it was cut at about 3 inches and has a shadow. I liked a vintage feel with the black and white in every thing except the actual Valentine images. I got the  background paper as single sheets at Hobby Lobby. I don't remember now where I got the heart image cut out. The ones on A Child's Year are much fancier. It might have been Plantin Schoolbook. I stamped and embossed the sentiment with metallic embossing powder. Here is a closer look, but it's a bit blurry. I'm afraid even though I used the close-up setting, I was still too close. 


     The papers inside also came from Hobby Lobby and the words and heart were printed from my computer. The heart stamp on the bottom is actually a Photo Shop brush that I got from a site that had freebies. I don't remember which one now, but if you're interested leave me a comment and I'll try to find it. They had a number of very nice free brushes for Valentine's Day available and they were all free! Thanks for spending your precious time here. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very special Valentine. I love the cut you used. The paper you used is really pretty, too. I haven't made any V for this year yet either.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Debbie. Thanks for the sweet comment. That brown paper was from a Martha Stewart paper pack I got at Wal Mart when they first started selling MS.It is just a printed stitched design. It's really a flower pattern but it seemed to work for this card.
Thanks again. Stephanie