Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sweet Birthday.

     This card is made for my Aunt. I used one of the images from the Crafter's Digital Art Center's (CDAC) Progressive Challenge. We're in the 5th round and this image is by SSBS Design.  This post is going to be short, because I have to be up at 4am to get my husband to the hospital for his surgery and I just got back from driving my sone back to college. I colored the image in PhotoShop using a few patterns on the basket, the gingerbread men and her dress and headband. You really can only see the one on her headband after the image was sized to fit my card, though the gingerbread men look a bit more cookie-like ;- ) I mixed and swirled colors to make her hair. There is Diamond Glaze on her shoe to make it look like patent leather and glitter gel pen on the gingerbread men. I used Broken China Distress Ink. The papers are DCWV Holiday Collection Christmas Stack from last year. The gems are from Hero Arts as is the sentiment and the flower from Archiver. If I had more time, I probably would have cut out more gingerbread men and popped them up (I may still her birthday is in December, but the challenge is due today ;- ) There is no inside sentiment yet, so when that is done, we'll probably review this card, LOL.
Maybe I'll remember it.


     Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment. Thank-you so much to those of you who do. they really are much appreciated ;- )

3 comments:

Kate said...

Adorable. Love your color choices. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Hugs,
Kate CDAC DT

Anonymous said...

Can’t say enough about this website – its alot better than mine.
My site is [url=http://www.familyvacationspotsideas.net]Family vacation ideas[/url].

Anonymous said...

Important figures.Lucky me I discovered your site by mistake, plus I am shocked howcome this situation did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it

As a final note , let me thank you for your tolerance with my English as (I'm convinced you have become aware this at this moment ,), English is not my main tongue hence I am utilizing Google Translate to form out how to write down what I truly want to voice.