Saturday, March 26, 2011

Casing a Bunny ;- )

     Well this one, owes a special shout out to Carolina Girl, over at Creating in Carolina. She had such a fun card on her blog and I was just stuck on what to make for the college students for Easter. Sooo I cased her idea. You can see her card here. It just put such a smile on my face. I went and a bought the stamps from Bugaboo Stamps. I had found Fun Dip at Walmart last week and thought it would be fun to send the college students, in the pocket card, like I made for them before with a packet of cocoa.   It would bring back memories, from when most of them were in grammar school together. You can find the directions for making the pocket card here.


     I made the background papers, using Perfect Medium and a stamp by Studio G, then I added Perfect Pearls Opal, one row at a time. When the whole piece was done,  I spritzed some water into the air with a mini mister and ran the card stock through it. The Bugaboo bunny stamps were sized and colored in PhotoShop Elements 3. I noticed while looking at the picture, that this card has the one square, I missed coloring 2 of the dots. I'll have to fix that <.<



The sentiment is another  Studio G stamp and the sticker is from Sticko. The inside has paper that I had leftover, from covering large Hershey bars, for the daughters of one of my friends at Easter last year. Very handy! The sentiment is a Studio G stamp, embossed and I used my nestibilities. The stamp under the candy is from Craftsmart.


    
     The guy's version will be a bit different and I'll post it, when I get one finished. One done, 8 more to go ;- )  What would I do differently? Well, I wouldn't have used the bunny with the unpainted dots ;- ) My sunrise may look a bit like a sunset.  I did think about glossing there noses, but there are too many of them. Maybe if I was doing one card.  Nothing else, because I'm too close to it and have 9 to do total.
What do you think?

     Thanks again to Carolina Girl. Check out her great work, (the link was above and is also on my right margin.)  I just peeked over there and she's offering a free SVG, that's available for 5 days.  Thanks for stopping by and please comment if you have time. They really mean more than you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an ADORABLE idea!!! Super super cute!!!

Debbie I also wanted to THANK YOU so very much for your VERY beautiful message you left on my blog!!!!