Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rocking the guy card!

     Before I give in to the call of more flowers, I needed to do another masculine card. This one is for a 22 year old. I can't believe how fast they all grow up. From birth to 22 in a blink or two. Anyway, this friend's son, had played in their Church Praise Band. I decided to use the star shaped-card, from Cricut's Birthday Bash. It's from the card function on the image of the fox playing the guitar (4th image). I used the star and a modified version of the words (just a minor trim), from that page and the font from that cart as well. I decided that a cooler guitar was needed though, so I used the guitar from the Indie Art Solutions free upload to the Gypsy. I hid the inside cuts and then used the Cri-Kits metallic green gel pen to draw the details in.



     On the inside, I used a digital sentiment with the Lettering Delights font SNF Jester Fool.  Don't forget, they are still having their Dollar Days at Lettering Delights. There's a link in my right margin. The pattern papers are DCWV's  Generation Tech. I think I'll find a lot of uses for this paper pack. (I'll probably get a 2nd.) The metallic paper is from AC Cardstock.


     What would I do differently? Looking at it, I'm thinking of adding some bling to the pegs (tuning pegs) at the top of the guitar. I wish I'd come up with a different way to do the sentiment. I was kind of going for an inverted triangle, but it didn't fit. (Only in my mind.) Maybe if I'd used a smaller font size. Then maybe cut that with zig zag scissors? Maybe I'll find an embellishment to go to the left of the star, in the blue area. I really like how the front turned out though.  The bit of bling for more dimension would be about it (the star and the guitar and the letters that need it are already popped up.)

     Now, maybe I can play with flowers ;- ) Penny Duncan, added a tutorial and SVG file to her blog here, on  Easter lilies. I also found  one on roses here. So click on the links if you are interested and make some summer inside. Have a great and blessed rest of the week. Your comments are more appreciated than you could know. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Great card and whimsical with the odd shape which inspires ME to get out of my rectangle shapes for a while. I love shape cards and this is cool in itself. It makes me feel good that one of my cards put a smile on someones face. I know what you mean. I'll see someone's card and it will do the same for me. It's a feel god all over moment. And, it's a good feeling to have!

SannaS said...

this is so COOL!!! awesome card!! =)
hugs, SannaS