Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

     Sorry, I've been a bit awol, but I've been working on cheat sheets for my SVG files. That can be very time consuming. Today I did the updates to my Gypsy and my Imagine. I didn't have the problems some people reported, except the time I did the Imagine, it stayed on the "Restarting Imagine" screen forever without doing anything. For awhile, I even worked on the card for today with the Imagine and finally at one point, it told me it was done with the upgrade. Go figure.  The card today, I'm sure you guessed is an anniversary card. I used the Imagine cartridge, Better Together. I was inspired by a number of images and put them together for this card and came up with the inside sentiment. All cuts and paper are from the cart.



     The stamp on the front is from Inkadinkadoo and the sentiment inside was added digitally after printing the paper on the Imagine. This was a new accomplishment for me, since I only printed the pattern, the size I needed it. I got it placed right on the spot, the second try. Woo Hooo! There is glitter and gel pen on the front, but it didn't show up well, in the photos and I used layers and pop-dots.

     What would I do different? I think a frame, around the tan patterned mat, on the front would look nice. Maybe in a darker brown. I'd inked it with a light color, but maybe a darker color would look better. Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out.

     I was able to purchase Cosmo Cricket Glubers at Archivers today, but haven't had time to play with them, as usual. Hopefully, soon. I want to try to make the daffodils, that Penny Duncan showed on her blog first. Click here to see her tutorial. They say spring, to me and I need spring!

     Thanks for stopping by today and sharing a few moments with me. I love to get your comments, and to know you were here. Have a wonder-filled day!

2 comments:

SannaS said...

oh WOW!!!! BEAUTIFUL card!! so lovely!! =)
Hugs, SannaS

Anonymous said...

I love the images you used. They are perfect. Such pretty patterns, too.