Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Last of the 3 altered items.

     I'm afraid I don't have a picture of the other 2 items that were part of this set. (You can see the designs of the other 2 sets in the posts Here and Here. The final junior legal pad was made with Summer Song paper, by My Mind's Eye. I love the bright colors of this paper and the glitter and embossing that is on this paper. My friend's oldest daughter is married and went to Hawaii for her honeymoon, so I choose the hibiscus flower from the Storybook cartridge, for her embellishment, along with it's shadow. On this item I added a ribbon, because I didn't like the way the swirl paper would look with the dot paper, I had used with the rest of the set, if I used it here as a border. I also added a  long border, that is from the page with the Hibiscus section of the Storybook cart. I inked and embossed it with clear embossing powder. The embossing darkened it so much, I didn't need to bother with inking.



     On the inside, I just covered the top of the paper pad to make it look nice. In this case, the hibiscus element  when cut at 3/4 of an inch didn't look as nice as I would have liked. The recipient loves Hershey's chocolate (you wouldn't know it by looking at her.) So I added a stamped sentiment from a dollar stamp set I picked up at JoAnn's. It just seemed fitting and I knew it would make her smile.



     What would I do differently? Not sure. I struggled with the flower for awhile. I worked at it so it wouldn't look flat, but not too artificial either. I was, finally, pretty happy with it. Let me know what you think.

     I'm working on.... you'll never guess, no not in a million years.... another guy card. Otherwise, I might have had 2 things to show. I finally figured out, what I would do and planned on making a shaped card on the Gypsy when I went downstairs, but then life got in the way and that part didn't get done. Well, tomorrow is another day and I'll start working on it then, so that is what I should be posting next.
Thanks, as always for spending some of your precious time with me, especially with Easter so close. Leave a comment if you have a moment. I truly  appreciate hearing from you and knowing you stopped by. Have a Blessed Easter, if I don't talk to you before then. Enjoy your family!

No comments: